Saturday, December 29, 2007

Free them slavs!

Nothing both amuses and infuriates me more than bad bathroom graffiti. Which explains why I was both tickled and angered last night as I tried to squeeze the last drop of wee wee out of my pee pee.

Photobucket

Wha..uh...AAAAAAAAARG! What does it mean!!!???

Ok, I understand that it used to say slaves, and someone scratched it out so it says "slavs". That part amuses me. But what country is that supposed to be? Is it the United States? If it is, it's fucking backwards. WTF? What slaves are you talking about? Is this much deeper that I'm reading into it? Is there some heavy symbolism going on here?

So many questions, so little answers.

The bottom line here is that some shithead, at some point in time, was straddling the toilet in this crappy bar bathroom, with their toungue sticking out the side of their mouth, with what was undoubtedly the most intense look of concentration ever as they scrawled this mystery turd on the wall.

Well congratulations, shithead. You win.

I'm stumped.

----UPDATE-----

I went back to the same bar bathroom tonight to find myself some answers. What I found damn near blew my mind.

Turns out the "them" in "Free Them Slavs" was actually originally a "the". Truth be told, people, I'm floored. Upon closer inspection I noticed that presumably the same person who turned "slaves into "slavs" also added an "M" to "the". Still Following? That would mean the original graffiti said "free the slaves". Now that is straight fucking dumb. Thank god that second fellow had the wherewithal to unsheath his ballpoint and make a difference.

----UPDATE UPDATE-----

Turns out I was right. I spotted more "free the slaves" scrawlings in the other bar bathroom. It's not an isolated incident. Somebody thinks this is a neat thing to write on walls, perhaps it will stoke some deep thought in whoever happens to scan over it as they snort the last bump off the end of their house key.

------UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE--------

HOLY SHIT I JUST GOT IT!!! FREE THE SLAVES!!

Turds=slaves. "I have to go free the slaves" eh, EH?? That still doesn't explain the country illustration. perhaps it was the elusive second writer.

Anyways, I've talked about this enough. Good night.

No comments: